The Lucky Seven: Steam Me Up, Rawley

This week I was tagged by fellow #SixSunday writers Mae Clair and Goran Zidar in The Lucky Seven meme. Love these things, and since it’s been a while since the last time this meme went around, I thought I’d do it again. Thanks guys!

Here’s how the challenge works:

Post seven lines from an unpublished work of fiction by following these rules:

Go to page 7 or 77 in your current manuscript (fiction or non-fiction)
Go to line 7
Post the next 7 lines or sentences on your blog as they are (no cheating, please!)
Tag 7 other authors to do the same

I’m going to pull from page 7 of my first draft (so it’s still rough) of my new steampunk romance WIP called STEAM ME UP, RAWLEY. A little setup is needed. She’s just had a confrontation with her boss (Mr. Tonti), where she imagined her armored pet monkey, Loki, wreaking havoc on the guy’s desk and face. Now she’s back home and Loki is playing in the backyard and she’s daydreaming, embellishing on her fantasy of Loki making mischief in her boss’ office. However, into her vision floats something real. Is it the hero? :)

Could user more detail. More imagery. Loki living up to his namesake and swinging from the curtains, a satisfying rip as they shredded. Banging on the typewriter keys and smearing bananas on Tonti’s readout screen, the red and blue of a hot air balloon floating into view behind Loki. Oh, yes. Colorful, indeed. At the helm, a devilishly handsome man with windswept black hair and blue, blue eyes.

And now here’s the seven authors I’m tagging!

1. Kate Warren
  2. Erin Brady Pike (Writerlious)
  3. Owllady
  4. JM Blackman
  5. Donna Cummings
  6. Jamie Ayres
  7. Sadie Hart
About these ads

1. blackmanjm

/  June 15, 2012

Thank you for the tag, lovely lady. And for the wonderful read. Sounds like a fantastic read, but how could it be other when it’s a steampunk tale with a pet monkey? Love!

2. Yeah I was tagged by wildcat’s wife and posted for a change, I usually don’t. this sounds like a wacky (in a good way) and romantic story you’ve imagined. And knowing you, lots of history too!

3. Oooh, cool indeed! Love the scene you painted, especially that last line :) Thanks for playing!

4. Thank you for tagging me, Angela.

What a wonderful snippet that is. Black hair and blue, blue eyes are a potent combination!

5. So glad you’re writing a steampunk–LOVE those:) I’ve already done this tag before and since I’m not on p.77 in my current WIP yet (hangs head in shame), I’ll pass on posting. But I’ll be sure to visit everyone else you tagged:) Thanks for the fun!!

6. Thanks for tagging me! I was just finishing up my blog post, and for some reason it doesn’t want to save. I’ve never had that happen before, and it’s very aggravating! I’m hoping it’s hanging out there somewhere in the ether so I can recreate it, and post it.

If it DOESN’T come back, well, let’s just say I could use Loki’s computer skills. Although maybe I need that vision with black hair and blue eyes instead. Oh, and I love your title — you have the best ones!

7. omg! I’ve been tagged! Thanks :) Yes, windswept black hair and blue eyes: woohoo!! Can I borrow Loki? There are several ex-bosses who’d *love* to have him visit :D

8. Love the seven, Angela and thanks for the tag!

9. Sighs. I’m smitten already by the windswept black hair and blue eyes. :)

1. The Lucky Seven & a Blog Tour Update | Sadie Hart