Weekend Grab Bag – From Writing Tips to Harry Potter theme played on wineglasses

Song playing right now on my playlist: “Anywhere Out of the World” by Dead Can Dance

Writing and the Writing Life:

Browncoats:

In Geekdom:

• And I’ll leave you with this, it’s the Harry Potter theme played on wine glasses:
About these ads

1. Love the Smart Edit site, I’ve bookmarked it! Thanks for all the great links this week!

2. Thanks for sharing Margie’s post in your Grab Bag. You’ve got some fun stuff this week-end!
    -Fae Rowen

3. You’ve been busy. I tweeted.

4. Great roundup, as usual!

5. Ha! I played the video and had half the family watching over my shoulder. Great find!

I’m off to check out some of the other links too. Thanks for including mine! :)

6. That video was AWESOME! I’m gonna have to try that Scan Your Work–thanks for sharing:)

7. Great links in this post. The articles on internal dialogue and character description are valuable for any writer. And the SmartEdit scanner is AWESOME. It doesn’t replace your own editing (and it shouldn’t), but it will help you if you know there are words you use too much or that you have a penchant for adverbs. And it will point out words you didn’t know you overuse or if you’re leaning on certain cliches. A terrific tool for writers. And FREE. How can you beat that!

8. Angela —
    Thanks so much for posting about my blog on writing fresh character descriptions. I appreciate you!

Love your Weekend Grab Bag. I’ll be back. :-)

9. Oh so fun –this weekend grab’s the best idea! :)