Weekend Grab Bag – From Writing Tips to Whedon as Bathroom Coach

Song playing right now on my playlist: “Monday Morning” Fleetwood Mac

Writing and the Writing Life:

Ada Lovelace:

Browncoats:
  • If you’d like to see a Serenity LEGO model crafted by LEGO, sign up here. Less than 900 votes needed to make this a reality!
  • Have you seen Avengers yet?? I can’t wait to get some Joss Whedon goodness. Am going today if I can…
  • Did anyone else catch Nathan Fillion live tweeting Out of Gas and Ariel last Sunday? It was really cool, but distracting, as I was doing word sprints at the time. Plus it was making me sad hearing him talk of his love of the show.
  • for some Whedon weirdness, check out Whedon as Bathroom Coach (h/t the Nerdist):

In Geekdom:

• check out what the instructions are on Google Maps for the walking option, if you type in directions for The Shire to Mordor
  • And I’ll leave you with this:

, , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to Weekend Grab Bag – From Writing Tips to Whedon as Bathroom Coach

1. Kate Warren May 5, 2012 at 1:08 pm #

Lovely group of links, as always!

• Angela Quarles May 5, 2012 at 1:12 pm #

Thanks Kate!

• Kate May 5, 2012 at 8:19 pm #

You’re welcome but I must say…the link to Whedon as bathroom coach brings up the Serentiy Legos thing. Shame cause I was so looking forward to that. Lovely Storm Troopers photo though. :)

• Angela Quarles May 5, 2012 at 8:24 pm #

oops! Thanks for letting me know! Fixed it, and embedded it this time….

2. jamieayres May 6, 2012 at 5:30 pm #

Thanks for the links! Saw Avengers today and LOVED it:) Do you subscribe to the comic/movie/TV blog http://biffbampop.com/
    It’s totally awesome & they’re always giving away stuff:)

• Angela Quarles May 6, 2012 at 6:12 pm #

OMG, I just got back like 10 minutes ago and I can’t even say enough about that movie! Holy moly! Just tweeted this: “If I was a directr wanting to make a superhero movie, I’d set my camera down, get on my knees, bow down to Whedon & say ‘u win’ #theavengers”

3. Sabrina Garie May 6, 2012 at 8:09 pm #

Hi Angela,

I enjoy your blog and find the friday mashups incredibly useful. I nominated you for the versatile blogger award. Good luck with your writing and have fun with the award if you so choose.

Sabrina

4. Writerlious May 7, 2012 at 9:02 am #

Thanks for the links, Angela! I’m starting to love seeing posts from your blog in my inbox. :) Now I’m off to check out the new conference posts at the Knight Agency’s site… :)

5. Writerlious May 7, 2012 at 9:04 am #

Wow. Um…fyi, the use of two smilies in a comment was totally unintentional. hehehee

• Angela Quarles May 7, 2012 at 9:26 am #

I love smilies!! I’m glad you’re enjoying my posts!