Song playing right now on my playlist: “Monday Morning” Fleetwood Mac
Writing and the Writing Life:
- Jami Gold on Cliffhangers: Not Just for the End of a Book. And while we’re on hooks, Jody Hedlund also had a post this week on the subject: 4 Ways to Hook Your Readers & Keep Them Wanting More
- Kat Latham on Why does an agent have to love your novel before they can sell it?
- Conference season is in full swing. The agents at the Knight Agency started a series of posts: The Dos and Don’ts of Writers’ Conferences: Part 1
- Agent Janet Reid also had some good advice this week: Rules for Writers-Get Ahead of the Curve(ball coming at you)
- Want to really understand the power and importance of Lovelace and Babbage’s work? Watch this great video giving the background and also plans to build the Analytical Engine.
- If you’d like to see a Serenity LEGO model crafted by LEGO, sign up here. Less than 900 votes needed to make this a reality!
- Have you seen Avengers yet?? I can’t wait to get some Joss Whedon goodness. Am going today if I can…
- Did anyone else catch Nathan Fillion live tweeting Out of Gas and Ariel last Sunday? It was really cool, but distracting, as I was doing word sprints at the time. Plus it was making me sad hearing him talk of his love of the show.
- for some Whedon weirdness, check out Whedon as Bathroom Coach (h/t the Nerdist):