Six Sentence Sunday – 11/20/11

I thought I’d start participating in #sixsentencesunday (#sixsunday) with a snippet from my time-travel romance WIP. I currently have this out to Beta readers for feedback and hope to be in a position to query for agents in the new year. Here’s my working query hook for it: Isabelle Rochon has met the man of her dreams. There’s only one problem: he lives in a different century. Talk about a long-distance relationship!

He suspected that the device did much more than what she had revealed, and she held back for his sake. A chasm opened in his mind’s eye, Isabelle occupying the other side and retreating. How could he hope to bridge the gap?

Miss Byron interjected to relate other wonders it performed, confirming his suspicion. “And that is not all. She captured a likeness of me at the ball, and I saw myself in there, in my dress…”

To see snippets from others who are participating or to sign up yourself, visit here.
Have a great Sunday!

18 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday – 11/20/11

1. Gayle Ramage November 20, 2011 at 8:22 am #

Hurrah for time-travel stories! I’m guessing the device is a camera? Fab snippet and welcome!

2. Ranae Rose November 20, 2011 at 8:47 am #

Sounds like she’s been taking pictures! LOL If I had to go back in time, I’d miss my droid. But alas, I’d have no way to charge it…

• angela quarles November 20, 2011 at 8:48 am #

Yep, with her phone, but by this time in the story it’s dead…

3. Kallypso Masters November 20, 2011 at 9:46 am #

Love time-travels! Nice Six!

4. Cassidy McKay November 20, 2011 at 1:03 pm #

I love time travels! I look forward to seeing more of this.

5. Elaine November 20, 2011 at 1:14 pm #

Great fun. Time and distance should never be an impediment to love 😉

6. Christine Warner November 20, 2011 at 2:20 pm #

Great six…and I have to say your query hook is awesome! Nicely done :)

7. sueannbowlingauthor November 20, 2011 at 5:15 pm #

Hos’s she managing with corsets?

• angela quarles November 20, 2011 at 5:31 pm #

OK… She insisted on not having them made too tight for her… The thing that freaks her out the most is no panties!

• lynnkelleyauthor November 20, 2011 at 10:30 pm #

Oh no! No undies? Uh-oh!

8. lynnkelleyauthor November 20, 2011 at 10:31 pm #

I love the part about the long distance relationship! LOL! This sounds good. Just can’t resist time travel stories.

9. J.A. Beard November 20, 2011 at 11:42 pm #

I always like the idea of people parsing technologies they aren’t otherwise familiar with.

10. pippajay November 21, 2011 at 1:18 am #

Love the line ‘a chasm opened in his mind’s eye …’ :)

11. angela quarles November 21, 2011 at 7:47 pm #

Thanks everyone for the SSS love! You made my first time wonderful 😉

1. Six Sentence Sunday – 12/11/11 « Angela Quarles - December 11, 2011

[…] Six Sentence Sunday – 11/20/11 Archives […]

2. Six Sentence Sunday – 1/27/13 « Angela Quarles | Geek girl romance writer - January 27, 2013

[…] did my first post on November 20, 2011 with a snippet from MUST LOVE BREECHES, my time travel romance, and have come to treasure Sundays […]