Song playing right now on my playlist: “Walk Like an Egyptian,” by Bangles
NEWS: I’m heading to the RWA Conference on Tuesday, so there will be no Six Sunday tomorrow, or Monday Hunk, or Grab Bag. I don’t expect to resume normal blogging until August 1. I hope to do some sort of live blogging of the conference, but not sure how that will pan out, so we’ll see!
Writing and the Writing Life:
- MANDATORY (seriously!)–>From Roni Loren, Bloggers Beware: You CAN Get Sued For Using Pics on Your Blog – My Story. This post scared the bejeezus out of me. I immediately took down all my Monday Hunk Who Reads yesterday. The most popular, Dan Stevens, I was able to repost after taking out one photo I’m waiting permission for, linking to another, and receiving permission from the photographer for the other. I will work my way through the rest of the posts, but this will mean that the format will change from here on out, AND it might mean, since I have to add the wait time for permission, that I will change the frequency to the first Monday of the month. We’ll see…
- Anne R. Allen: Social Media vs. a New York Times Book Review Cover: Which Sells More Books?
- Roni Loren on Figuring Out Where Your Pacing Went Wrong
- Sony Pictures bringing Outlander to TV. The director will be non other than Ron Moore, the man behind Battlestar Galactica and the Star Trek reboot. Will this mean there will be a renewed interest in time travel romances, me hopes? Big question is, who will play Jamie?
- Going to RWA and want to pitch to Entangled? Now you can!
- Editor Angela James: The 3 most important things to know about #rwa12 (or any conference)
- Jenny Hansen, RWA12 Conference: Eating “On The Cheap” + 5 Helpful Tips
- Jami Gold with The Ultimate #RWA12 Conference Packing List
- If you’re not following The Romance Man, you should be! His blog posts give me a good chuckle every damn time.
- Gotta love Captain Tightpants. Here’s how he handled running into fans if he was directly on his way to a panel at SDCC: Nathan Fillion’s Comic-Con Business Card Proves That He Is Just The Sweetest And Classiest Geek Star
- And how’s this for a good chuckle? Zachary Levi, star of Chuck, during his NerdHQ panel, offered a kiss on the cheek for charity for $100. A fan donated $1000, so he gives her a huge kiss. Watch what happens next:
- And I’ll leave you with this (h/t The Nerdist):