A Time Travel Romance
Size: 6x9 in
She's finally met the man of her dreams–too bad he lives in a different century!
A devoted history buff finds the re-enactment of a pre-Victorian ball in London a bit boring…until a mysterious artifact sweeps her back in time to the real event, and into the arms of a compelling British lord.
Isabelle Rochon can't believe it when she finds herself in the reality of 1830's London high society. She's thrilled to witness events and people she's studied. But she may also have to survive without modern tools or career–unless she can find a way to return to her time. And then there's Viscount Lord Montagu, a man whose embrace curls her toes, but who has a dangerous agenda of his own.
Lord Phineas Montagu is on a mission to avenge his sister, and he'll stop at nothing, including convincing an alluring stranger to pose as his respectable fiancé. He's happy to repay her by helping her search for her stolen calling card case that brought her back in time. But he doesn’t bargain for the lady being his intellectual match–or for the irresistible attraction that flames between them.
They're both certain they know what they want, but as passion flares, Phineas must keep both himself and Isabella safe from unseen opponents, and she must choose when and where her heart belongs. Can they ever be together for good?
Don't miss the time travel romance USA Today called "a delicious twist on historical drama and romance."
on Publisher's Weekly:
Historical romance meets sci-fi time travel, and what a fun intersection of genres it is! … It’s a delicious twist on historical drama and romance, and let me assure you, there is plenty of romance and sex.
on a Night Owl Reviews Top Pick:
Time travel and romance taste great together in Quarles’s Must Love series launch…. Filled with historical tidbits and larger-than-life characters, the sweet story is a delight…
Penelope Anne Bartotto on InD’tale Magazine wrote:
… clever, original, and so good that you want more as soon as you put it down. It’s a delicious mash up with something for time travel romance lovers, Jane Austen devotees, and those who simply enjoy a fresh take on historical romance. Her unique premise combines the best elements of contemporary and historical romance, while incorporating all of the fish-out-of-water elements a time travel romance.
Time travel is a tricky genre to play in and “Must Love Breeches” broaches the subject well, delving into the past with ease, and returning to the story’s present with deft ability.
The moment I started reading this book I immediately thought of Outlander by Diana Gabaldon and Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Vierra Rigler. The concept of time travelling to one of my favourite time periods. I immediately fell in love with the concept and the plot! This book was amazing! A definite top ten contender and I can’t wait to re-read it as I breathlessly read as fast as I could to learn what would happen next.
If you're a blogger, reviewer, or member of the press, please visit the Media Kit page for media specific links and details
The book trailer was profiled on Aug 29, 2014 on USAToday's HEA column!
— Jennifer Rosinski (@LadyPublicity) September 3, 2014
- Finalist - The Carolyn Readers Choice Award, 2015 in Specialized Romance
Grand Prize Winner
- 2012 Windy City's Four Seasons contest
- paranormal category, 2012 Celtic Hearts Golden Claddagh contest
- paranormal category, 2012 Greater Seattle's ECO contest
- time travel/steampunk/historical category, 2012 FF&P's On the Far Side contest
- fantasy/futuristic category, 2012 Florida SpaceCoasT Authors of Romance contest
- 2nd Runner Up in the paranormal category, 2012 Washington DC Marlene contest
- 2nd place in the paranormal category, 2012 San Antonio Merritt contest
- Tied for 2nd in the Georgian/Regency/Victorian category, 2012 Hearts Through History's Romancing Through The Ages contest
- 3rd place in the paranormal category, 2012 Virginia Fool for Love contest
- Honorable Mention in the paranormal category, 2012 Georgia's Maggie contest
- 2nd place in the paranormal category, 2012 Utah's Heart of the West contest
- Runner up in the paranormal category, 2012 Heart of Denver's Molly contest
- 2nd place in the paranormal category, 2012 Valley of the Sun Hot Prospects contest