Song playing right now on my playlist: “Let’s Dance,” by David Bowie
NEWS: I signed my first contract! BEER AND GROPING IN LAS VEGAS, coming January 2013 from Secret Cravings Publishing!
Writing and the Writing Life:
- Janice Hardy and Deep POV: You’ll Have to Go Through Me: Eliminating Filter Words
- Querying? Wise words from Query Shark Janet Reid: Every query letter must have this one thing
- Published? Experiencing bad reviews? Good! Anne R. Allen explains why: Bad Reviews—Six Reasons to Be Glad You Have Them
- How another author tackles outlining her novel before Fast Drafting: Guest Author Denise Jaden: Outlining For a Fast Draft
- Got one of those “it’s not quite right for me” rejections? Sara Megibow Sells Romance – Interpreting the Rejection Letter
- Jane Friedman says The Reader Must Want to Know What Happens Next
- And, Chuck Wendig on the 25 Bad Writer Behaviors
- And I love me some worksheets!! Jami Gold has posted some to help with our scenes, check ’em out!
- Avidly following the tweet stream yesterday for news from the Firefly 10-year reunion panel? Here’s some fave tweets rounded up by the Science Channel! And thank you Science Channel for keeping this show alive!
- And this got me teared up, too: ‘Firefly’ Comic-Con panel live blog: Joss Whedon tears up, reveals how series would have ended
- Article on the panel: Nathan Fillion and ‘Firefly’ alum attend 10th Anniversary panel at SDCC 2012
- Future things to look forward to: Dark Horse will be publishing more comics, and the Science Channel will be airing a new documentary on November 11 called Browncoats Unite!
- And I’ll leave you with this (h/t Stubby the Rocket):