Song playing right now on my playlist: “Xavier” by Dead Can Dance
Writing and the Writing Life:
- Janice Hardy Guest Author Heather Webb: Choosing a Historical Fiction Topic, or Any Other Topic for That Matter
- Facing rejections or conflicting CP feedback? See Jami Gold’s post: What Does “Writing Is Subjective” Mean?
- For Historical writers: The Historical History of the Hysterical Top Hat
- Ruby Lioness Press has an open call for online pitches for short stories, novellas and novels.
- Kat Latham has some Tools for culling repetitious words from your writing
- I really love this series, and this week’s was a good one too: Ask An Editor: Theresa Stevens’ Line Editing Series
- Lady Lovelace makes The Guardian’s list: The Guardian’s Open 20: fighters for internet freedom
- Dang. Contrary to earlier reports that Steve Job’s biographer will write Lady Lovelace’s next, this new report sounds like it will be about the history of digital information and so she will only be how the book opens.