In the world of fiction
- Of course, everyone’s heard that Stephen King’s latest book, 11/22/63, is a time travel novel about a man who tries to stop the assassination of Pres. John F. Kennedy. I have it loaded on my Kindle, but haven’t read it yet. With its release, Atlantic did a piece on A Brief History of Time-Travel Books, From Charles Dickens to Stephen King
- A review of the time travel novel Q, which was released in August, and just recently optioned to be filmed
- Another novel with time travel is being filmed: Chris Columbus, through his 1492 Films banner, has just picked up the rights to the mind-bending How To Live Safely In A Science Fictional Universe
- Looking ahead to Sundance 2012, there will be a time travel movie Safety Not Guaranteed
- Time Traveling Is Not Romantic: Life Lessons from Devereaux, Niffenegger, and Gabaldon.
- Early reviews are in on the 2012 time travel movie Loopers
- And yay! Terry Gilliam fans will be happy to hear that his “time-travel Quixote movie ain’t dead yet“
In real-life science news:
- Back in September when I first started my blog, I posted about the scientists at CERN clocking neutrinos moving faster than light, making some speculate the real possibility of time travel. Scientists have now repeated the experiment with the same results, but more independent researchers are working on verifying it.
- Wall Street Journal had an article this week: Why Time Travel Won’t Be Like the Movies: A few basics will make it easy as pi—like antimatter, antigravity and neutron stars
- Another writer-blogger talks about Why Sliders may be possible–the science of multi-universes
And just plain cool/funny:
- A 2012 Time Travel Calendar. The calendar collects time travel events from films, comics, TV shows and videogames and puts them on a single timeline that plays out over the year. You’re getting about 2.6 billion years of time travel in 12 months.
- Google Maps and Time Travel portals, where we “see” Air Force one emerging from a time-travel portal (not really, but it’s funny)
And if you have any time travel news I missed, please feel free to leave it in the comments. Are you writing time travel stories? Share!