Sorry for the delay (did you even notice?). Yesterday morning some of wordpress.com’s servers were experiencing issues and I couldn’t even access this site. I’m glad I’d been calling it Weekend Grab Bag, so without further ado:
- As always, Roni Loren’s Fill-Me-In Friday: Best Links of the Week! has some good links
- Stina Lindenblatt also has a link round-up: Cool Links Friday
- Kristen Lamb’s post, Structure Part 5–Keeping Focused & Nailing the Pitch–Understand Your “Seed Idea” gives some awesome advice on the need to write a log line for your novel.
- My geek side loved this post from K.B. Owen: Watercooler Wed: 3 Yoda-isms for writers
- Writing advice with a touch of humor: Does Bruce Willis Have a Dog? – the dangers of including irrelevant background on your characters.
- For romance writers, here’s 75 Ways to Show Love in Relationships, which might spark some ideas…
- Someone on tumblr is making RPG cards of historical figures, Love It! So they did one for Ada Lovelace! Something tells me she would’ve loved RPG…
- Sydney Padua, creator of the Lovelace & Babbage webcomic, now has a Lovelace & Babbage app for the iPad! Will she do one for the android?
- Teh awesome! For geeks who like Austen, Marvel comics has Northanger Abbey as a comic!
- Wouldn’t it be cool to have your favorite novel printed out as a poster? Spineless classics has Emma, Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion (my fave).
- Sorry, this t-shirt made me giggle, love it: There’s no place like 127.0.0.1
That’s it for this weekend, have a great one and enjoy the extra hour!