Weekend Grab Bag – From Writing Tips to Stormtrooper Hygiene

Song playing right now on my playlist: “Begin the Begin,” by R.E.M.

NEWS: I will have some awesome news to report next week about MUST LOVE BREECHES (re: status in Query Land) and STEAM ME UP, RAWLEY finaled in its first contest (and the first one it entered), The Golden Pen, ironically beating out MUST LOVE BREECHES by less than a point (.7)

Writing and the Writing Life:

Browncoats:

Ada Byron Lovelace

• This recently came across Publisher’s Marketplace: “James Essinger’s ADA’S THINKING MACHINE, exploring two interwoven human stories – the story of a man, Charles Babbage (1791-1871) and that of a woman, twenty-four years his junior, Ada Lovelace (1815-1851) and their involvement in the Analytical Engine, to Gibson Square, for publication in July 2013 (world).” SQUEE!!! (that last part was me of course, not PM) Now if only publishers would be convinced that MUST LOVE BREECHES could tie in with this :)

In Geekdom:

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Responses to Weekend Grab Bag – From Writing Tips to Stormtrooper Hygiene

1. Buffy Armstrong September 29, 2012 at 9:26 am #

Eagerly awaiting your good news. I never really cared for Jude Deveraux’s Holly. The Duchess and A Knight in Shinning Armor are all time favorites. I’m pretty sure Trevelyan from the Dutchess was my first love.

2. jamieayres September 29, 2012 at 9:27 am #

YOu always have such an awesome grab bag! I really feel like I’m leaving the cool party when I’m done going through your links. Thanks for taking the time to put these together!!

• Angela Quarles September 29, 2012 at 9:36 am #

Aw, thanks! Sorry I hadn’t been doing these lately!

3. Rebekkah N. October 1, 2012 at 9:33 am #

AAAACK! I forget the Firefly anniversary! *hangs head in shame…* Too busy getting ready for Moonlight & Magnolias to catch up now, but when I get back, there will simply have to be a marathon.

Thanks for the great links!

• Angela Quarles October 1, 2012 at 9:33 am #

I’ll be going to M&M too! We should meet up!

• Rebekkah N. October 2, 2012 at 7:25 pm #

Definitely! Will you be joining the FF&P meet up? I think it’s Thursday night @9 in the lobby, right? If I don’t see you there, shoot me an e-mail!

• Angela Quarles October 3, 2012 at 8:30 am #

Yep, barring anything freaky happening, I’ll be there!