Song playing right now on my playlist: “Feeling Gravity’s Pull,” R.E.M.
Writing and the Writing Life:
- Are you waiting on pins and needles like me, waiting for those rejection letters? Get the suspense out of your system with the Rejection Letter Generator! the real ones couldn’t be worse…
- Involved in critique groups? Nathan Bransford has the Ten Commandments for Editing Someone’s Work
- Alexandra Sokoloff has some tips on what might be missing from your beginning: Something has to happen
- Informative post on the different forms of ‘cuts’ in Regency society: Regency Customs: The Cut and that it was generally done by men?
- Spring Brings Romance…and a New Romance Publisher, Crimson Romance: interview with editor Jennifer Lawler
- For when writing in the male POV, what guys think about boobs: Do Guys Prefer Women with Big Boobs?
- A writer has started a KickStart project to fund writing a series of children’s books featuring Ada Lovelace and Mary Shelley: Can Jane Austen + steampunk spark girls’ science fire? As a fellow Ada fan (who sent me the link) said, what will the kids think when they investigate her on their own and learn of her horrible childhood? But I’m all for anyone raising awareness about her, that’s for sure! Especially for young girls.
- More on Ada, and the Steve Jobs’ biographer’s plans to write about her next.
- OMG, this is hilarious: Blogging Pride and Prejudice (as if it Were a Teen Novel): Part 1
- And I’ll leave you with this, Queen’s Freddie Mercury riding the Darth (h/t Stubby the Rocket):