Song playing right now on my playlist: “I Shall Believe,” by Sheryl Crowe
Writing and the Writing Life:
- Janice Hardy write a great post on verbs you use that imply assumption, but you might not have intended it that way. Seems So: Are Your Characters Making Misleading Assumptions?
- This post explores the challenges of word choices when writing historicals and how reader assumptions need to be taken into account: Historical Language Can Be Electrifying
- Kristen Lamb shares her first conference experience and has tips on how to not do what she did and enjoy yours: Writing Conferences–Beware of Crossing Deer
- Looking for Beta readers? Jami Gold has some tips: Ask Jami: How Do We Find Beta Readers? She also had this great how-to post for merging all your comments: MS Word Trick: Combining Changes and Comments
- Julie Musil asks if you have enough fleas in your story? Wise Agent Advice: More Fleas, Please
- For April Fool’s, thinkgeek.com posted a Skyrim hoodie complete with dragon shouts for sale
- Check out these dinosaurs dressed in Victorian garb!
- 14 Wonderfully Geeky Easter Eggs
- Two trailers that got me excited this week: True Blood Season 5 and the remake of Total Recall
- And I’ll leave you with this: