Song playing right now on my playlist: “Begin the Begin,” by R.E.M.
NEWS: I will have some awesome news to report next week about MUST LOVE BREECHES (re: status in Query Land) and STEAM ME UP, RAWLEY finaled in its first contest (and the first one it entered), The Golden Pen, ironically beating out MUST LOVE BREECHES by less than a point (.7)
Writing and the Writing Life:
- For those querying also, Natalie Lakosil at the Bradford Literary Agency tweeted this the other day: “I would love a heartwarming holiday adult contemp romance with a good plot ala HOLLY by Jude Deveraux. Just sayin. :)”
- And Pam van Hylckama at Larsen Pomada tweeted this: “I really want a historical YA with a mystery involved.”
- The Bent Agency added a new agent, Gemma Cooper this past week.
- New Twitter Profile Tips for Writers
- Roni Loren shares – Your Facebook Page May Be Blocking Your Fans
- Kristen Lamb makes a great case for blogging Would Hemingway Blog?
- Jami Gold has words of wisdom, as always: How Fake Reviews Hurt Everyone. She later tweeted a link to a blog post by Holly Lisle and how it hurt her.
- Anne R. Allen with Top 10 Self-Sabotaging Mistakes of Author-Bloggers
- A little over a week ago was the 10th anniversary of the first airing of “Firefly.” Raise your hand if you watched it then! *Raising hand* (or, er, comment since I can’t see your hands)
- Secrets Revealed in Joss Whedon’s Avengers DVD Commentary
- Nathan Fillion shares how to defeat zombies on Conan
Ada Byron Lovelace
- This recently came across Publisher’s Marketplace: “James Essinger’s ADA’S THINKING MACHINE, exploring two interwoven human stories – the story of a man, Charles Babbage (1791-1871) and that of a woman, twenty-four years his junior, Ada Lovelace (1815-1851) and their involvement in the Analytical Engine, to Gibson Square, for publication in July 2013 (world).” SQUEE!!! (that last part was me of course, not PM) Now if only publishers would be convinced that MUST LOVE BREECHES could tie in with this
- BSG genius Ron Moore is going to adapt “A Knight’s Tale” for TV!
- In case you missed it, Sir Patrick Stewart was on The Daily Show
- Um, for the cat who has everything? Inflatable Unicorn Horn For Cats
- And I’ll leave you with this from the Secret Lives of Stormtroopers: