- Lianna Brooks explains why your heroine shouldn’t have violet eyes!
- And since we’re focused on the face, Angela Peart has a great post about the importance of your profile pic on social media: It All Starts With a Great Profile Picture.
- Two more entries in the what-readers-want-to-see-in-author-blogs debate: Blogging for Fictioneers | Looseleaf Leaflets and What Should Writers Blog About?
- Veronica Roth: Writing, Revising, and (Not) Making Decisions
- No Joy: The Worst That Can Happen Isn’t Always Best for the Story – where Janice Hardy cautions about being careful not to be TOO mean to your characters
- Great post for anyone writing a male love interest: Wanted: Well-Written Male Love Interest
- Best Articles This Week for Writers 10/14/11 – a whole slew of links on writing and reading, including articles on craft, contests and book reviews.
- Jami Gold weighed in on Thursday about the whole numbers game for writers who blog: The Insanity Behind the Pressure to Have “Numbers” which was in response to agent Rachelle Gardner’s post Author Marketing & Platform. I read Gardner’s post when it first posted and saw it as just quantify your accomplishments and didn’t return to see all the discussion that took place in the comments with Gold.
- And for those struggling with critiques, Michael Haynes has some good advice for ya: Good Idea/Bad Idea Tips for Working With a Critique Partner, Part One
- Skeletons reveal final embrace of Roman lovers – this appealed to my never-fully-actualized archaeologist part of my being.
- Mark your calenders: October 30 is Talk Like Jane Austen Day
For Fellow Browncoats:
- Alliance Soap Bar – pretty shiny of these folks. They’ve taken the design of the Alliance foodstuff bars and made it into soap. Here’s their blurb: Genuine A-grade soapstuffs. Protein, vitamins, certified pure essential oils. One of these’ll wash a family for a month. Longer, if they don’t like their kids too well…
- I don’t know what’s up with the Firefly soaps lately, but here’s another, in a different style altogether. Are they trying to tell us something? Honest, we’re not the ones that smell at Cons!
- Sarah & Candy at SBTB served up this awesome video yesterday, a repurposing of old floppy disc drives playing the Imperial March! Truly, I think this could go in the dictionary next to the word Geek.
- Leave you with this I found floating around on Facebook: Why Men Shouldn’t Own Action Figures